Date: 10th January 2013 at 1:26pm
Written by:

All-action midfielder Jonathan Hogg says he is keen to face hometown club Middlesbrough this weekend following a ‘precautionary’ break from first team action.

The 24 year-old Teessider is keen to face ‘Boro at the Riverside after missing the Hornet’s previous two fixtures – defeats against Manchester City and Charlton Athletic.

Hogg missed the two previous fixtures in order to protect a hamstring complaint which, if ignored, would have kept him out for significantly longer. Not that the former Aston Villa man is happy to have missed any football:

‘I love playing games, I love my football. That’s why I wanted to come here in the first place,’ Hogg told watfordfc.com.

Hogg will now hope to return to action for Gianfranco Zola’s side at Middlesbrough this Saturday, and the Hornets have certainly missed the energetic midfielder’s presence in the middle of the park.

‘These two games [Manchester City and Middlesbrough] are the biggest of the season for me so far, on a personal level, so I’m hoping I can play in at least one of them.’

Hogg is one of several injury concerns for Watford, with Manuel Almunia nursing a hamstring problem picked up against Charlton on New Year’s Day.

Fitz Hall is also sidelined with a hamstring complaint at present whilst Tommie Hoban and Almen Abdi also missed the trip to the Etihad last weekend, though there has been no confirmation on why the duo were not selected.

Vital Watford will bring you further team news when possible.